Thursday, December 4, 2008

12/4: "Garden Meat"

-I gave an interview to a pretty cool kid today. She told me about collecting insects, and how she got really excited when she found a flea.

-I'm reading Seamus Deane's Reading in the Dark for Annabel's class (and enjoying it more than I should, considering I have so much else to do. It's (big fucking surprise based on his debilitatingly Irish name and the distressed photo of sad children on the cover) a semi-autobiographical novel about growing up poor and Catholic in Northern Ireland in the 40's and 50's. Being of easily-inflamed Irish Catholic descent, you may imagine how into this I'm getting. And it turns out that UNCLE EDDIE WASN'T REALLY AN INFORMER; HE WAS SET UP BY GRANDFATHER!!! AND DA DOESN'T KNOW!!!!!!!!1!

2 comments:

heile said...

that sounds intense and I don't like it in the least.

Books are scary

D. Bow said...

Hey, that's the culture I'm immersed in! I recognize that!