Monday, December 22, 2008

12/21: "We'll do what we can."

-After a total non-day of sleeping and grumping around, Lucas and I hit the Barmuda Triangle for some happy hour action. Ninkasi Believer pints at Jameson's for $2.75? Almost makes up for the shitty atmosphere, which resembles the set of a bad Christmas movie, where the characters are alcoholics and hang out in this weirdly lit bar with green and red lights, but also bad paintings of aliens and skulls. Their special was something called a "dirty girl scout", which I imagine involves creme de menthe and olive juice. Also, one of the bartenders at the Horsehead is basically like if David Crosby filled his mouth with dried apples.

-Post barring, I finished Billy Budd, which was kind of chilling and made me feel connected to queens of yore, but also didn't hit me as hard as it could have maybe, Ninkasied as I was.

No comments: