Wednesday, December 17, 2008

12/17: "Pissing in Peace"

-So much has happened (in that not much of interest has happened) since I came home. Since I'm at work right now, I think I might just write various things, and not necessarily good things; just an update, likes.

--My laptop became infected a few days ago, though apparently my bro's girlfriend is an IT genius, so I may have to get on the phone to my own private Dehli.

--Speaking of Gus Van Sant references, I saw "Milk" last night with my mom. Of course, it was fab, the kind of thing that makes me proud to be a gay man. My main beef with the film was the alleged "love scene" that people seemed to be so up in arms about. Out-of-focus Sean Penn's back and James Franco looking really uncomfortable? You call that steamy? My only solace was a poorly-lit Diego Luna ass slap. Anyway, I never thought any film character so a) reptilian and so b) martyred could be so weirdly attractive. Not since Beaver Trilogy has ol' Pennywhistle scaled such theatrical heights.

--I've been volunteering at the Community Alliance of Lane County, which essentially boils down to hanging out with old lesbians and calling the city manager's office, demanding an emergency shelter for homeless families (because it's been fawking cold around here and people have literally been freezing to death in the streets) and getting nothing. Barf.

--I ate some fucking amazing fish and chips tonight.

Hopefully now, and once my laptop is lapping up my top again, these updates will be significantly more frequent and hopefully more hilarious.

2 comments:

heile said...

Wait....


where the fuck are you getting good fish n chips in this town?

Russell said...

Newman's, oddly enough. It was also very cold out and I was very hungry, so it may have swayed my feelings. But try the cod; they're only, like, five something.