Tuesday, September 16, 2008

9/16: "I'm going to say these lines like they're pieces of food I don't want in my mouth."

-In Gender in Early Modern Europe this morning, Hector had a big paperback copy of Atlas Shrugged on the desk in front of him on top of the class books. Who does that? Only someone who likes Ayn Rand, I guess. Then Carol Pal, our glamourous Canadian visiting professor and general constant ray of light said, "Before I start, Hector, will you please take Atlas Shrugged off the desk. I hate that book. Ayn Rand is such a fascist." I started clapping uncontrollably, and everyone joined in. Ahhh!

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Ca-rol-PAL! Ca-rol-PAL!

Maggie said...

Oh my GOD Russell he had it on the table in front of him in Kitty's class today too. She didn't say anything that sassy though.

He must be going through pubes. And I don't mean puberty, I mean acting like a pube.

D. Bow said...

Dear Russell,
You have a blog? I have a blog!
You hate Ayn Rand? I hate Ayn Rand!