Sunday, August 31, 2008

8/31: "And look what happened to HER!"

-While I was waiting to get picked up by my dad to go to the airport, my mom and I were sitting around talking about how to get all my stuff back to Oregon once I graduate. She made a really offensive joke about one of my friends who committed suicide a few years ago, along the lines of, "I mean, J______ drove across the country to bring her stuff back west, and look what happened to her!" All summer I've been kind of afraid of offending my mom, and then she rips out with this; I feel like things have gotten back to normal a little bit now--and it was the type of joke the friend would have liked.

-I made a wicked dank sandwich when I got home to Vermont, with fresh tomatoes, butter lettuce, vegenaise, stoneground mustard, curry paste, olive oil, salt, and pepper, on rustic whole wheat toast. What a delight!

No comments: