Thursday, August 28, 2008

8/28: "On forms that said M or F, I'd write, 'none of your business.'"

Lots of good things:

-I came out to my mom as trans and it wasn't nearly as scary as I'd anticipated. She even used the word "strap-on" when we were talking about the possibility of bottom surgery. (!).

-After dinner, Mom and I went and saw a clay studio on 4th and Polk, and got the "grand tour." Though I totally made a fool of myself trying to talk to the owner about wood kilns, mom introduced me by the dude name, which was great, and affirming.

-I went out "on the town" with Shai, and got a free ride in a bike cab from a total cutester who saw me play at Wandering Goat a few weeks ago. Then we got served drinks by Mark, the guy who used to serve me and Andrew pizza in high school.

-I drunkenly biked home listening to Your Arsenal and ate a Haagen-Dazs bar. Yes!

No comments: