Tuesday, October 14, 2008

10/14: "Give her a name she will answer to"

-Ever since I've started identifying as a dude, my "moon time" has been intolerable. It's almost as though my uterus knows it's on its way out, and wants to go down in a blaze of glory. After dinner, it set up the phalanx and rushed out, 300-style (obv. my gender-fabulous id is the Persians.) I was sweating and shaking and on the verge of vomiting up my bland tempeh and kale, which I probably would have done if Ian hadn't been in the other room and I hadn't been embarrassed about ralphing, lest he think I was a bulimoid. So I lay down on the floor of my room and did some pilates while I listened to Joni Mitchell. I felt much better after a few hours of this. It's like the old baby bag was like, "BE A WOMAN!" and I was like, "Okay, okay, whatever you want!" But I kind of liked it. Do you even *know* how good Blue is? Real good.

2 comments:

D. Bow said...

"Moon time" make periods sound mystical and strange. However, the phrase "going out in a blaze of glory" should never be used in relation to menstruation again.

Sally said...

Blue is in my top 3 favorite records of all time, and I so know what you mean - it's totally AMAZING during moon time/emotional avalanche time.