Wednesday, July 1, 2009

7/1: "Not tasty."

-I went to see Ice Age 3:Dawn of the Dinosaurs with Cordell, Lorelai and Eric. There was a great, terribly offensive transphobic joke: The British, one-eyed weasel who leads the mastadons, the sabertooth tiger, and a couple of possums into the dino world, tells them, "Let me tell you about the time I used a sharpened clam shell to turn a T. Rex into a T. Rachel." Unfortunately, the anecdote ends there. Needless to say, I spent a good chunk of the movie mulling this over--presumably, the procedure was simple castration; so does a lack of male genitalia equal female identity, in this film's frame of reference, and thereby to society at large? Then the baby mastadon got born, and I went all teary. Damn the baby bag.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

kid's movies are terrifying

劉淑芬 said...

您的部落格文章真棒!!有空我一定會常來逛!! ......................................................................