Friday, March 27, 2009

3/26: "I think the gay-lien could go anywhere."

-After much hemming and hawing and curling up in my bed in anxiety, I withdrew from Chaucer, yet another star in the constellation of my history of academic givings-up. I never thought chatting with Laurie Kobik could leave me so elated. After all that was taken care of, I called my mom for a good chat. (As an aside, I was amused and a little saddened that, though she was in the same room as my grandparents, she could still call me "Russ," because they're getting so deaf they wouldn't notice.)

-Michael and I had a brief conversation about Footloose, which I haven't seen since I saw half of it on TNT when I was nine. In retrospect, I think it may be one of the greatest films of our time. If the library has it, I know what I'm doing this weekend. WHO'S WITH ME?

No comments: