Monday, January 19, 2009

1/19: "It feels so good to walk!"

-After a weird day of seeing the Springfield MLK Day event at the middle school (photographs to come) and getting in a weird fight with my mom about how she is still calling me "she" and "Rose" with total impunity and having a sore throat on top of all that, Katie and Lucas came over and had cheesecake and tea.  I felt like a real proper host in a way I haven't in a long time.  But yes, this was a really strange day.  I think I'm feeling like I need to leave town (or at least leave Kincaid St.) in a way I hoped I wouldn't until mid-Feb.  But enough moping!  The cheesecake was great, as was the conversation, and the finding a cat outside.  I decided I'll have to make another cheesecake soon.  Anyone interested in joining me, for the making or the eating?

No comments: