Thursday, November 20, 2008

11/20: "'Happy Feet' is a terrible, terrible movie."

-I took a nap in Audrey's bed this afternoon, and dreamed about living in Welling again.

-Also, I know this isn't part of the "best thing" spirit of the blog, but maybe it is: I had a lot of good cries today. My amount of crazy shit going on in my life meter is definitely in the red zone, and on top of that, today is the Transgender Day of Rememberance, where we trannies look back and think about all the transpeople (largely transwomen of color) who have been killed in hate crimes over the past year, and think about how fine a choice it is to go ahead with transitioning even though it makes you 12 times more likely to be murdered. Holy hell, right? But I've been crying a lot, which is arguably better than being an unfeeling robot.

2 comments:

D. Bow said...

Did you find Happy Feet to be way weirder and more polemical than you thought it would be? Because I did. It gets really dark!

Russell said...

I never actually saw it. I just overheard someone saying this in Admissions today. I most of the titles of posts are, you know, "found art."